Like I mentioned in my last post there is a seperate API for North American vehicles. This API uses the same credentials as the “old” API. These two API’s can be used by North American vehicles interchangeably but not at the same time. The reason is that authentication is shared between these two API; whenever you authenticate on either API, authentication is invalidated on the other API. Making using both API’s next to impossible.
Because of this shortcoming I have now added, more or less, full support for the North American API. Some features differ and some are missing entirely. I have made a client library for the North American API. It’s called dartnissanconnectna.
The main reason for supporting this new API is that battery statistics are broken on the old API for North American vehicles.
The next step is to look at the new API for vehicles after May 2019. Possibly adding support. I must say that it does add extra complexity to My Leaf to support 3 different API’s. Which is unfortunate really.
Whether support for this new API is added to My Leaf, or a new app, is still standing.
Thanks to all the North American users who have contributed with feedback! Couldn’t have done it without you!
Links and references;